Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ask Him without conditions



Bismilillah Ar Rahman Ar Rahim

Last week, I watched a lecture and the sheikh said this:
When he (Prophet Zakariyya) called to his Lord in private supplication. He said, "My Lord, indeed my bones have weakened, and my head has filled with white, and never have I been in my supplication to You, my Lord, unhappy.And indeed, I fear the successors after me, and my wife has been barren, so give me from Yourself an heir. (Maryam 19: 2-5)
What can we learned from the ayah above?

1) When we stand before Allah swt, speak to Him about our own weakness(es) and helplessness. Just like the Prophet Zakariyya who acknowledge his own weaknesses.

Said, "My Lord, indeed my bones have weakened, and my head has filled with white, and never have I been in my supplication to You, my Lord, unhappy.."
 
2) We have to make doa with total yaqin that Allah can give you whatever He wishes 
Make up your mind now! Who are you making doa to? You are not asking from your mother, father, sister, brother or your friends. 

This is Allah you are asking for.
The One who created the heavens and the earth just by saying ‘Be’.
The One that get a pregnant she-camel out of a rock !   

3) Keep in mind the Majesty of Allah swt and remember that Allah is not bound by your rules.

Prophet Zakariyya said, “And indeed, I fear the successors after me, and my wife has been barren, so give me from Yourself an heir..”
Some people might say, “My wife can't conceive a child because the doctor said this and that.." or “She is proven medically barren..”

In the Quran, Allah said: 

Indeed, Allah does whatever He wills" (Al Hajj 22: 18)  

Allah can do whatever He wishes. He never say, "Indeed Allah does whatever he wills but it is within the boundaries of  medical and scientific knowledge. 

Have total reliance in Allah swt. Know that Allah is always doing the best for us. 

4) Don't get sad or depress if your doa is not (in quoted) "answered".

Prophet said: "If you know that value of those doa that is not "being answered", you will wish that you make doa to Allah every single minute and none of them are accepted.
On the day of Judgement, they'll be a group of people who will be witnessing a mountain of reward prepared for them. Then they asked Allah "O my Lord, for what reason I am receiving this? He will be told "That's the doa that you have made in the dunya but I have not grant it to you in your worldly life , but today it is answered and it will be forever yours in eternity"

If you make doa for a child, still one day you will die, and the child will be away from you. Or the child will die, and you will be separated from him. There's a separation here
The recipe is to have a complete trust in Allah. If Allah does not give what you wanted, there's khair in that.

A man came to the Prophet (saw) and said, "O Prophet, can you please make doa to Allah so that i could be wealthy?" At first, Prophet ignored him. But the same man keep coming back to the Prophet, asking for the same request. Prophet continue to ignore him. Eventually after several of times, Prophet finally make doa for him: "O Allah please make this man wealthy" 

The man finally become rich and started to become busy with his business affairs. He never missed the Prayer in Jamaah before, but for the first time he came late (missing one rakaat). He felt guilty and said to the Prophet, "O Prophet I felt guilty that i miss one rakaat in prayer (today), so I decided to give away all my profits that I have made today" and the Prophet said, "Whatever that you have missed (in Prayer), could never be replaced by the amount of profits that have you made. 

Sometimes we make doa without any knowledge what is the implications of the things that we asked for. Only Allah posses the knowledge. Everytime you ask, say: "Give me something with khair"

Prophet said:
 
"Verily when Allah withholds, He actually gives. And Allah never withholds out of stinginess or to cause you misery, but He knows the benefit to His servants"


1 comment:

  1. Masha'Allah Anis. This is beautiful. May Allah bless you! Please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete